Everyone needs HOPE
Our thoughts can go wild if we don’t keep a rein on them. I’m not just referring to someone suffering from depression or PTSD, but all of us can have flashbacks to past traumatic events. We all have chapters in our life that haven’t ended well. The Bible says we will have trials and tribulations in this life but God has all things in His hands and it will all end well because God surrounds you and His hand is on you to bless you.
“You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me. (Psa. 139:5).
That means God has got your back! (Isa. 52:12, 58:8). I hope you have friends who have your back but even if you don’t, God’s got your back, your rear guard. Things can come against you but you know they won’t destroy you because God has your back.
God is also before us to guide us –like a shepherd who goes before their sheep, making the paths straight for their sheep. God wants to direct your paths. Even in the womb, God was there beside us: “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb” (Psa. 139:13).
“The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemies before you, saying, ‘Destroy them!’ (Deut. 33:27) God is underneath us with everlasting arms that will uphold you when you are helpless and enemies attack. God surrounds us!
God doesn’t want our performance. God loves you for who you are, not for what you do.
How to stay close to God and God focussed:
1. Prayer. Communication is the key to every relationship, not just study.
2. The Word. Study it. Read it. Look for gems. Dig deep. Let the word speak to you.
3. Worship. Play it in the background as you go about life. Remember, Elisha couldn’t prophesy in the absence of worship music (2 Kings 3:15).
4. Talk about the goodness of God. Share with others how God helped you survive problems in the past.
5. Encourage. Don’t let discouraging words penetrate your spirit. Avoid negativity, including from the TV. Be a joy to the world by shutting down darkness in your world.
6. Speak the name ‘Jesus’ into every part of your world, everywhere there is darkness because Jesus is the light of the world and brings life.
(Quotes from NIV).